- LiDAR Project
- GeoMine Project
- Trends in Mining Fills
- Mapping Vegetation Change
- Extraction and Characterization of High Walls
- Using Remote Sensing to Map Vegetation
- Well Location Accuracy Assessment
- Estimating Changes in Drainage patterns
- Development of a Mining Fill Inventory
- Detection of Mining Valley Fills
- Assessment of LIDAR Data Quality
- GIS Data
- Map Services
- DEP Home
The TAGIS Unit is part of the Business & technology Office of the West Vriginia DEP. It's primary mission is to facilitate the use of spatial technologies for decision making within the agency. The unit also has a long history of providing public access to geographical data through data download and web mapping applications, including some of the first interactive mapping applications developed for the internet in 1996.
The WVDEP uses ArcGIS server to provide services for a variety of clients, including locally hosted applications, desktop software, and mobile devices.